Sunday 1 September 2013

All Quiet on the Home Front

Well, not exactly quiet.  August has kept us hopping, with a trip to the Cariboo, lots of camps, one last trip to the Okanagan, and now getting ready for school.  We've also made dill pickles and canned and frozen peaches, with enough, I hope, to keep us supplied through next year.  Now things are settling back down, ready for the start of school on Tuesday and a return to normalcy.  Routine, at least.

As I sit on my comfy bed and write this, I can hear the thunk-thunk of wood being tossed into a wheelbarrow, ready to be carted around back and stored until burning season next year.  Our woodshed is blessedly full, waiting to be slowly emptied as we stuff the wood stove full and enjoy the crackle and pop of a roaring fire.  I only wish the stove were upstairs, not down.

There are a myriad of things on tap for us come September.  School, an out-of-town wedding, drying apples, cleaning house.  One of my goals this fall is to get my house in order.  (Isn't that always one of my goals?)  It seems that no matter how hard I try, life keeps getting in the way and the disorder gets out of hand.  But let this be my promise, friends!  Before fall fades into winter, I will have a home that has less clutter and more peace.  But, more on that at a later date.  No before pictures.  I'm too embarrassed.

On that note, I sign off on this little update.  Cheers to you, and may the autumn see you well and happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment