Wednesday 13 November 2013

Stockinette Baby Toque

Today, I picked up my knitting needles for the first time in a long time.  Lazy girl that I am, I prefer crochet, as it works up much, much more quickly than knitting.  However, after a lovely tea (Ice Cream Cake from David's Tea) with a lovely friend, who was diligently working on this adorable baby toque, I got rather inspired.  So, I hunted up some patterns and came up (all by myself!) with this pattern for a basic stockinette baby toque, complete with pompom.

Cast on 48 st.
Row 1-5 k2, p2 (rib stitch)
Row 6-21, k one row, p one row (stockinette stitch)
Row 22, k6, k2tog, repeat to end
Row 23 (and every wrong-side row from here on), purl
Row 24 k5, k2tog, repeat to end.  Repeat for every right-side row from here on, decreasing by one stitch each row (eg row 26 k4, k2tog) until there are six stitches left.  Break yarn and draw through the stitches.
Join edges with mattress stitch.
Add a pompom on top.
All done!

I was super impressed that it only took me an afternoon to complete -- usually knitting projects, even small ones, take me forever.  This is definitely a pattern that I'll be using again!

No comments:

Post a Comment