Tuesday 23 July 2013

Music Notes



My favourite lullaby, "The Swan" from Camille Saint-Saens's "The Carnival of the Animals".  I used to listen to this as I fell asleep.  Between the melody itself and the cello playing it, by far one of my favourite pieces of music.


You can't go wrong with The Andrews Sisters, either, despite the huge shoulder pads.  Direct from the era of live radio productions, "Straighten Up and Fly Right".  I use that line on my kids sometimes.


And last but definitely not least, the Buena Vista Social Club.  Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Terrific music selections - you can happily dj for me anytime. I adore the Andrew Sisters and BVSC both so much, and keep many of their tunes in heavy rotation on my vintage playlist.

    ♥ Jessica

    *PS* Thank you deeply for your wonderfully lovely comment on my (unplanned!) blog post today, dear Maman.

    ReplyDelete